Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Rosh Hodesh at "The Moshav"

My girlfriend has been trying to get me to join her for Rosh Hodesh at "The Moshav" (Moshav Mavo Modi'in) for years!

She finally found a way. She told the woman who organizes the event about me and then she (the organizer) called and invited me to come speak to the women this Rosh Chodesh (Elul).

My friend offered to drive me there and back.

How could I say no?

So, this morning, still exhausted from my niece's beautiful wedding last night, I went to speak at "The Moshav."

The women were clearly moved by my presentation.

I never saw such strong reactions from so many people.

When I see a response like today's, I know I must be doing something right.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

6 comments:

mikimi said...

a shame I chose not to attend. had I know you were going to be there, maybe I would have made an effort to travel the long distance.

Bernie said...

What an inspiration you are...I am sure you were amazing....Be well my friend....:-) Hugs

Batya said...

Chodesh Tov! Do you give your talks in Hebrew or just English?

Ranting Zelda said...

chodesh tov! how wonderful for you. i've been here 26 years already and have another 7 years before i can throw a party for living here the longest, too. hope you have a blast and that your next year's party should be even more grand! mazel tov! zelda

mikimi said...

I came in 1979 at age 16 so Ranting Zelda, ?I think I top you on this one.

RivkA with a capital A said...

Batya -- both English and Hebrew

I used the same outline that I used last month, when I spoke in Hebrew for the Elazar Rosh Chodesh group)


Mikimi -- it is awesome that you came at such a young age! But no "competitions" here. I prefer to celebrate everyones accomplishments without anyone feeling like they have to "top that." ;-)