Powered by WebAds

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Perfect Party

Given that the invitation went out only several hours before the party, I knew that most people would not be able to make it. So I invited the whole world, which was great, since I hate excluding people. I did not have to choose who to include, as circumstance did that for me!

Around 20 friends stopped by over the course of the evening and the dynamic seemed perfect to me

I sat on the couch, like a queen bee, and welcomed my friends. 

I even had a chance to talk with all my guests!

I am grateful to all those who made it happen, because I never would have pulled it together, and to everyone who showed up, despite no advance notification.  I had a wonderful time!!

Special thanks to Sarah for inspiring the party by celebrating her own Aliyanniversary and to GS for graciously offering to organize and host an Aliyanniversary part for me -- she did everything, all I had to do was show up. 

GS also offered to invite all the guests but I figured it would be easier to just post to my list.... It did not seem foolish at the time.  

And, speaking of time, I absolutely LOVED the timeline!!   (Thanks GS & AZ!!)

I was so weak and tired yesterday, but I am so glad to have marked my "half-life" in Israel and to have shared my celebration with such wonderful friends.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

8 comments:

Joe K. said...

Glad you had such a nice party and friends to help put it on. And to be able to talk to everyone - that is terrific. I remember having a party at our alma mater - it was after the semester ended and most people had left campus and only 8 or 9 people showed up - I was disappointed at the size of the turnout at the time, but later (and now) look(ed) back on it with great fondness and great memories. The people that were there were all very special people in my life. You were there, btw, I have the pictures to prove it! :)

Bernie said...

What wonderful friends you have and what a beautiful memory you have made. Love it......:-) Hugs

Anonymous said...

:-)
ABH

Jennifer in (aged) MamaLand said...

Mazel tov! So great that you went young... if we make aliyah in 3 years as planned (iy"h), I won't celebrate my "half-life" 'till I'm 86. :-o

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful catalyst for a celebration. My sister throws a party every year on the anniversary of her move to NYC. I think that creating these rituals and imbuing major life transitions with meaning bring an added dimension to our lives.

Mazal tov on your "half-life" in Israel!!!

RivkA with a capital A said...

Joe -- can you send me copies of the pictures of me? (not that I don't believe you... just that I have so few pictures from that time in my life)

Jennifer -- it's never too late! I look forward to welcoming you in 3 years (or less)!

Rivster -- I really agree! Any reason we can create to celebrate our lives is a good reason!

Karen said...

So glad you had such a wonderful time and joyous celebration!.....May God continue to shine on you!

RivkA with a capital A said...

Karen -- amen!!