Powered by WebAds

Friday, August 6, 2010

Missing Patch

Last Tuesday night, I had an awful night, waking up constantly from pain and finding it difficult to fall back asleep.  Early Wednesday morning, I woke up in excruciating pain.  It took over an hour, and several pain killers, until I managed to return to a fitful sleep.

I could barely move on Wednesday;  I felt so weak.

I had planned on spending the day doing fun things with my youngest daughter.  Instead, I spent the day in bed.  We were both very disappointed.

Thursday morning, I went to switch my pain patch (the patch slowly releases pain medication and needs to be switched every three days) and discovered that the 50 mg pain patch had fallen off.  Patches come in different sizes and strengths and I am currently wearing a 50 mg patch and a 12.5 mg patch.

No wonder I felt such pain!

I was not receiving most of my pain medication!

I put on the new patches and took a Percocet.

What a difference!

The patches are these small see-through stickers that you stick on your body (I put it in on my upper arm).  They look so benign, I wondered how much pain relief they actually provide.

Apparently, the effect of the pain relief patches is quite signifcant!
 


Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

6 comments:

Mindy said...

I am so sorry for the wasted time in pain, but thankful to know that there is relief for you! Hopefully you and daughter can make up for lost time.

Jennifer in MamaLand said...

B"H - amazing. I am so glad doctors have these tools to make patients' lives so much more normal.

Bernie said...

Those patches are a god send RivkA but you have to wear them sweetie for them to work. lol I am so sorry you have had so much pain, I hate knowing that....I do hope you will keep the relief you now have.
.......:-) Hugs

Alli said...

RivkA I am so sorry you are going through so much pain.
I hope now that you fixed the patch issue you can feel better.

You are in my thoughts.....and definitely in my prayers...

Take care. Alli XOXO

Karen said...

I cannot even begin to imagin how horrific the pain must have been.Praying that nothing like this ever happens again and that you are feeling a little better.....

rutimizrachi said...

In the US Army, we were issued gas masks in case we were sent somewhere that chemical agents were deployed by the enemy. Who doesn't doubt that the thing will work when you need it? The Army has a solution: they put us in a small room with our gas masks on. Then, they released a benign chemical agent into the room, and told us to take off our gas masks. Benign or not, the stinking smoke made fluid run from our eyes, noses, mouths... and made us run from the building. Why is it all empirical evidence seems to be be dished up with a side order of extreme pain?