Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'm Better Now

Sorry, did not mean to cause a stir...

I feel like I am living out some sort of bad Monty Python skit.

Scene1: we see an old lady, lying in bed, twisting and turning, and screaming in pain

Scene 2: we see the same old lady, skipping through the park, waving her arms, and singing. As she is skipping along, she meets her physician, and the following dialogue takes place:
Doctor: I thought you were dying?
Old Lady: I was.
Dramatic Pause - Doctor looks confused
Old Lady: ....I got better*
OK, so I am not old, and I am not skipping through the park, but I am no longer trying to escape from my body either.

I am still in pain, and we are going to up the pain meds, again. 

But I did not need to panic....



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

*For those who don't get/remember the reference:
Peasant: She turned me into a newt!
Sir Bedevere: A newt?
Peasant: ... I got better.
— Monty Python and the Holy Grail

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

please do not appologise! glad panic is over. hope pain continues to improve xx

Joe K. said...

Sabin, the guy who developed the oral polio vacine, campaigned for years to develop better pain control methods. (He had excruciating back pain, if I recall.) It seems that this is still a campaign in process. I am glad that it is again under control for you!

Batya said...

Refuah shleimah!
Considering how busy you've been... I'm healthy (bli eyin haraa) and couldn't keep up with you!

Anonymous said...

Glad to read that you are feeling better.