Powered by WebAds

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Eurovision 2010

I love watching Eurovision and I love watching with friends.

This year, several friends from our neighborhood joined us, increasing our fun!

JB is now officially a "regular" -- she has been joining us for at least three years!*  This year, her husband joined us as well, which was really a pleasure!  We are often guests in their home for Shabbat, but I do not host much on Shabbatot anymore, so it was nice to be able to host them both for this!

My friend, CV, who now lives in Shlav Bet (the neighborhood just below us) and her daughter also came, which enhanced the fun for me (even more) and for my eldest daughter. 

This year, all our kids watched with us, which was really special.  It is interesting to see how they "vote."

Our family rates each of the songs as they are shown.  We inherited this tradition from BB, with whom we used to watch Eurovision, oh, so many years ago! (even before we had kids!)

Since Eurovision begins AFTER our kids' normal bedtimes, I did insist that our two younger kids go to sleep right after the songs, without watching the voting.  They were not happy about leaving the party, but the voting takes at least an hour and a half.  As is, they went to bed hours after their bedtime!

Watching Eurovision is an experience; it is so nice to share that experience with family and friends!



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

* In Judaism, three years constitutes a chazakah (an "established pattern").

1 comment:

mikimi said...

Usually it's on during Sefirat HaOmer. In any case,I'm into AI (American Idol) which I tivo and then a friend comes to watch with me.