Powered by WebAds

Monday, May 3, 2010

Ani Yehudi -- I am a Jew (music video)

Rafi posted this awesome video on his blog, Life in Israel.

He described is so well, I'm just going to quote him:
Lenny Solomon's smash hit "Ani Yehudi" has been remade and rewritten into Hebrew by Kobi Oz. The result is great! And I can't get over the name "Fishy HaGadol", "The Big Fish" (one of the singers who participated in the making of this "We Are the World-esque" video)





Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved it. laughed out loud near the end - the line about about having two and three opinions on any subject...
btw- i noticed they avoided dealing with kol isha. a very mehadrin production.

thanks for sharing this.
love
BW

RivkA with a capital A said...

BW -- I've been driving my kids crazy, listening to it all day!!

Lurker said...

Lenny Solomon's original version of the song was actually in Hebrew as well. You can watch it here. I think that the Kobi Oz version is better musically, but I prefer the lyrics as they are sung in the original version.

sarke of Jewlicious has a nice background piece on the song.

For those who would like an English translation of the lyrics (from the Kobi Oz version), there is one here.

RivkA with a capital A said...

Lurker -- thanks for both links!! I like different aspects of both versions, but the newer version is definitely "catchier."

I found the background piece very interesting!

mganchanmi said...

Music is very important in our lives. What song are you listening to and using? Are you satisfied? I have a free music store for you and everyone to listen to. There are many types of music such as bollywood and hindi. I will introduce you to 5 songs that most people install:

- Mere Wala Sardar ringtone Download
- Maa Ka Phone Aaya ringtone Download
- Tera Yaar Hoon Main Arijit Singh ringtone Download
- Majbooriyan ringtone Download
- Bam Bam Bole Kaashi ringtone Download

In addition, you can refer to many other music genres at my homepage here: https://ringtonedownload.in/

I hope you like it. Leave a comment for my collection. Thank you!