Powered by WebAds

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Back to Biking

After my son got hit by a car, we needed to take his bike in, to make sure it was safe to ride.

The thing is, I needed my son's help to take the bike in, and our schedules were just not compatible.  He had school during the hours I had energy.  By the time he got home, I had no energy.  It is not that hard to set up the bike carrier and drive to Talpiot (a 7 minute drive), but it was too hard for me.  We just kept putting it off, week by week. 

Last Thursday, Isru Chag (the day after Shavuot), the kids had no school and a friend, LF, came over to visit.  Rather than sitting around drinking coffee (or tea), we decided to do errands together.  She agreed to help me and my son bring the bike in to the shop.

The whole thing took less than an hour.

We had to buy him a new helmet and they had to realign the wheel, fix a few things here and there, and -- presto: good as new.  Well, not 100% -  the seat and the grips on the handlebars are still ripped, but we can wait awhile to replace them.

My son rode his bike home and today got up early enough to ride his bike to school.

I might have dropped the ball, but he has certainly picked it up!



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

5 comments:

Henya said...

Good for you. It is wonderful to have considerate, helpful friends.

Anonymous said...

You are inspirational. i am davening for you every day

Cheryl Pitt said...

Your son is so mature for his age, I would have probably would have been afraid to go back to riding, at least for quite a while.

Hasya Ya'ara said...

RivkA,

I just read the comment you left me.

I will be praying for a very good radiation treatment for you this week.

May all go well.

Love Melissa (Hasya)

RivkA with a capital A said...

Cheryl - he actually went riding right away, but then he noticed that there was something wrong with his bike. After that, he couldn't ride for a long time, because it took me forever to get his bike fixed.... (can you detect my guilty feelings???)