Powered by WebAds

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The End of The Day... After the Radiosurgery

(I posted earlier about yesterday's radiosurgery.  See below)

I woke up today (Thursday) feeling much better!  Still, Moshe worried about me staying home alone.  I reassured him that I would not be alone all day.  My friend Leah, from TriLcat, (whose blog I can't seem to add to my blogroll -- can anyone help with that??) would be coming over in the middle of the day, for several hours.

Neither of us realized my eldest daughter would also be home most of the day. I spent some nice time with her in the morning, when she finally woke up. 

Then Leah arrived, with bagels and lox and ingredients for milkshakes!  How amazing is that!!

As if that weren't enough, she loaded the dishwasher and kept me company while I tidied up a bit.

We talked, ate, laughed, and played games.  FUN!

By the time she needed to go, I was ready to rest.

I waited for the bus with her, then crawled right into bed.  I did not sleep, but I rested all afternoon. 

When my youngest daughter came home, I spent some time with her, working on her Bat Mitzvah invitation.  She was so tired from her tiyul shnati (two-day class trip) that she fell asleep in the middle.

Then, my son came home, and we also spent some nice time talking... until he ditched me to go play on the computer.

I spent the rest of the day watching a movie (Down with Love - funny chic flic, with a twist), writing, and chatting on the phone.

It is the end of the day, I have a mild headache, and I am tired.  But I feel good.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-)
ABH

Anonymous said...

BH, BH. You are amazing how you save your energy for the really important stuff.

LOL.

Na'amah

Anonymous said...

I am so glad it went well and that you are feeling better.
Shabbat shalom,
Ariela

LoveBeing said...

Hello my dear new friend Rivka! :)
It's me Gil from the lecture with Mitch Albom.. I'm sorry it took me so much time to get back to you.. but here I am! :-)

I read some of your post and I learned more about you and your condition, I must tell you- I wouldn't even guess that you were going through so much! to me you're happy and, joyful and energetic like a child! and I like that about you! When I looked into your honey brown eyes, I Immediately I saw you as a dear long friend! :-)

I'm sorry (or maybe I shouldn't) that I don't get into a sad or comforting mood when I hear all of these things you are going through, but I always look at the big picture.. and always see things from heaven's point of view.. so I'm not worried or afraid about what might happen to you or not.. I'm just happy for you that you deal with all of this with such a wonderful and chevalier way and I'm happy that are who you Are! :-)

Well I can write for hours.. well what can I do? we are the same.. ha ha1 :-) You are most welcome to visit my own blog.. I think I gave you the link already.. if you could read the Hebrew anyhow.. :-)

http://blog.tapuz.co.il/lovebeing

I didn't sent this to many people and only few of my friend know about this at all, but I made a movie in YouTube recently about, and I thought you might enjoy it.. so here's the link:

God & Me- The Begining.. -)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlvqXYB1vzk

I also recommend you to see the movie: "My Life"- with Michael Keaton. And of course: "Five People You'll Meet in Heaven". I have it recorded on a disc if you'll want me to deliver it to you by mail..

I'll be very happy to hear from you! :-)

Lots of Love & Hugs!
Gil :-)

Bernie said...

So glad you were able to have a nice day sharing it with your children and friend. Glad to hear you are not feeling too bad...Hugs

mikimi said...

You may at times feel sick and ill but you convey optimism and inspiration. WOW!