Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Chemo Day

The drugs worked and I slept through most of the night. (codeine is good)

I woke up 2 or 3 times from back pain. It was not so bad that I couldn't go back to sleep. But I don't usually wake up in the middle of the night. (blah)

I remembered to put on the topical anesthetic this morning. (relief; last time I forgot)

Then... off to chemo. (woo hoo)

I met with the doctor and, afterwards, remembered all the things I wanted to discuss. (argh)

I had a great massage (with beautiful classical music in the background) and wonderful company (thanks MG for being my date and driving me home).

There was a mini-crisis around 1:30, when my son called...

BOTH my son and daughter FORGOT their keys!!

I had at least another two hours of chemo. (I finished at 4:00)

I called IS, who so generously went and picked up my kids and brought them to her home.

It was the best kind of favor: Not such a big deal for her, and a TREMENDOUS help to me.

At home, I spent some time with A & MD. We played two games of backgammon. A rolled for me during the first game (I won), then she rolled for MD during the second game (he won). I am taking her to Las Vegas...

I blew off my plans for tonight. I still did not feel so great, and I thought it would be a good idea to stay home with the kids. (Moshe had to work late)

I wanted to go to bed early, but I waited for Y to come home from youth group, so she could talk about "the discussion." (for background, read here)

I am glad I waited. She was not happy about the way it went and was eager to talk.

I did not have any worldly wisdom for her.

But I listened.

Sometimes listening is enough.


Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ack! i asked them when we got there, they realized they had forgotten and i offered to call you. they nonchalantly said 'nah, we'll just go to a neighbors if she isn't home'. i picked up my phone to call and they both reassured me it was fine and i shouldn't bother.
next time, dont listen to the kids ! ;-)
(ie - i'm always torn in this kind of situation - do i trust the kids, or trust my own, maybe overprotective, instincts)

chanie

RivkA with a capital A said...

Chanie -- No worries! Alls well that ends well.

I'm glad the kids felt confident enough to go to a neighbor. They actually called from a neighbor's home. But she just gave birth to her first child, and I didn't want them to be an imposition. They could have stayed there, if necessary.

In general, always trust your instincts!

:-}

Anonymous said...

you have been *assertive* about finding out why your back pain getting worse, right?
ABH

RivkA with a capital A said...

ABH -- You bet.

Did a CT of the back in Feb.

And doing another CT after Pesach.