Powered by WebAds

Saturday, April 5, 2008

I'm famous!

A while ago, I received an email from Aryeh Dean Cohen from the Jerusalem Post. He wanted to interview me for an article about people who blog as a way of coping with their illness.

Always happy to share my thoughts, I agreed to be meet with him.

I enjoyed the interview.

Aryeh's perceptive questions compelled me to examine why I blog, what are my goals and what I get out of the process. It was quite enlightening.

We spoke for a while and I wondered, as I always do, how my ideas would be reflected in the article. Would my words be twisted, or would the interviewer capture the essense of what I said?

The article finally came out in Friday's magazine section and he "got it." He managed to capture the business of my life, my struggle to figure out what role cancer plays in my life (and whether it has a major or minor part), and what I hope to get (and give) by blogging.

He actually wrote an introductory piece, entitled "A Healthy Outlet", and then he writes about four indiviuals, including me, who are blogging, among other things, about their health issues.

Check it out:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?c=JPArticle&cid=1207159751510&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull


(Thanks to muse, at me-ander, for linking to the article and my blog)

(Thanks to Rafi, who linked to my blog in Haveil Havalim #160 The Waffle edition)


Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

10 comments:

Marion said...

I saw that article on Friday, and immediately checked out whether they'd found you or not. I'm feeling very priviledged to have been reading the blog BEFORE all your publicity.

Anonymous said...

Just saw the article and I agree--they "got it" and they "got you"...Kol hakavod...you continue to be an inspiration! Keep laughing....Sheryl

Anonymous said...

We never knew!

Still davening for you (it's been a long time now, I forget since when)...

I used to have a blog, but I stopped a few years ago. If you're interested, it's here:

www.rishon-rishon.com

Batya said...

I'm glad you're happy with the article. One never knows how they'll write it up.

Thanks for the link.

Unknown said...

rivka--

I saw the article...and I absolutely loved it! I also loved the insights that you shared both in the article and the ones on this blog. I may not speak to you everyday, but you speak to me through your blog every day...and I can imagine in full color what all the episodes must look like---e.g. you cleaning up that wine in the kitchen.

I know that it is better NOT to have to go through cancer...but I appreciate that you have let us in and are helping us to understand what it is like.

Thinking of you daily,
Leah G

Anonymous said...

and, the kids got a kick out of seeing your picture!
chanie

Tania Hershman said...

What a lovely article, very sensitively written and moving. Kol HaKavod to you and to the Jpost.

Thinking of you.

Tania

Baila said...

I also saw the article, and thought it was great.

RivkA with a capital A said...

Thanks y'all!!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked it!
Amanda (the poor writer's editor)