Powered by WebAds

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Pre-Pesach Procrastinations

Well, this is it....

Blogging has been a great way to take breaks (read: procrastinate) from getting ready for Pesach.

I LOVE Pesach.

I HATE Pesach preparations!

I am not one of those crazy spring-cleaning types. I just clean for Pesach.

It always takes longer than I think.

I was much more organized this year.

I made lists.

I assigned tasks.

I enlisted outside help.

The kids cleaned our cars a week early.

They cleaned their rooms at the beginning of the week.

They were available and, most of the time, helpful.

So why is there still so much to be done at the last moment?

Mom in Israel wrote a great post about Pesach Crisis Cleaning.

If you are "one of us", read the comments too. You'll be glad you did.

In addition to all the practical advice, it is so nice to know that I am not the only one!

Chag Kasher V'Sameach!


Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

6 comments:

Robin said...

Glad it all came together in time. We're still cleaning here, but the shopping is done. My fridge is bursting!

PS I aided in your (and my) procrastination by answering your iced coffee questions on my blog :-).

Chag sameach my friend.

Gila said...

I procrastinated by getting the stomach virus from hell, working all day, coming home absolutely exhausted, falling into bed at 6:30PM and sleeping for 12 hours straight.

Yeah, today is going to be very fun....two days cleaning and shopping crammed into one. Well, worst case scenario, will focus on the fridge and the floor, tape everything else closed and leave it at that. Stove is done, at least.

(Stomach virus=dietetic. Am wasting away! :P)

RivkA with a capital A said...

Robin -- not sure what you mean by "in time".... I went to bed last night around 5:00...

Shopping? Well, it was almost done. But Moshe is out now getting some things that we were still missing...

OK... back to work...


Gila -- LOL (cruel, isn't it, to laugh at your pain....)

I'm all for taping those cabinets shut and going back to sleep!!

Feel better!!

LOLove and Chag Sameach!!

Batya said...

It's post-seder, #1 Omer; we're back home.

I never finished all the "not really Pesach, but I never clean it well when it isn't Pesach" cleaning jobs. But I did get the kitchen ready to cook early to bring to my son.

Bli neder blogging about it tomorrow.

RivkA with a capital A said...

I never finished all the "not really Pesach, but I never clean it well when it isn't Pesach" cleaning jobs.

me too....

*sigh*


(thanks 4 reminding me to count Omer!)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I didn't have to do too much before leaving my apartment for Pesach vacation! This is one time when I appreciate having a tiny apartment!