Powered by WebAds

Monday, January 18, 2010

Shiatsu

I wrote this on November 25th, just a few weeks before we left on vacation.  It must have gotten lost in the shuffle, because I see I never posted it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------


By last Wednesday, I was a ball of nerves.  Too much to do and too little time!

I needed to slow down.

I slept late.  Really late.  10:30 in the morning late.

The Rebbetzin came for a visit around 11:00, just in time for my morning coffee.  (OK, I admit it: despite the blog title, I don't regularly drink coffee, not even in the morning.  I am a "social drinker." I only drink with someone else who is drinking.)

I really enjoyed talking with the Rebbetzin.  She still intimidates me, but she is so nice, and so thoughtful.  She brought over a delicious vegetable soup!  We all love soup and her soups are really nutricious and so good!

After she left, I did some chores -- not fun, but they gotta' get done.

Then, my friend, Idit, came over for Shiatsu.

What a treat!!  When she was finished, I felt relaxed and calm, and ready to handle what needed to be done.  What a gift!


--------------------------------------------------------
In addition to practicing Shiatsu professionally, Idit volunteers her services to me and to the Yuri Stern Foundation.

Idit has a wonderful, warm, and relaxing treatment room in her home.
  
For regular treatments or to treat yourself to something special:
Idit Amir
077-757-8949
052-660-8442
Idit Amir amir.idit@gmail.com



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

3 comments:

mikimi said...

I am so in need of the physical touch-massage, shiatsu, reflexology, but lack the funds to pay and treat myself.I am happy to hear you got a well-deserved treatment.

Baila said...

Where doe she practise? My birthday is coming up....

RivkA with a capital A said...

Mikimi -- many of the Kupot now provide these services at a subsidized rate

Baila -- Jerusalem. She lives down the block from me. You can go to her for Shiatsu and then come to me for coffee (or herbal tea).