Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Roommates -- Completely Irresponsible!

I need to room with someone boring.

Since I did not get much sleep the night before the retreat, I planned to go to bed early.

I did not plan on spending all night talking with my roommate (MT, from my support group).

One thing led to another, and the conversation just kept flowing....

When we dared to look at the clock, it was 2:25 in the morning.  We agreed that we really should go to sleep.  Then, we talked for another 20 minutes, or so.

The next night, the program ended late and we were determined to go to sleep.

But, like teenage girls, we could not stop talking.

Before we knew it, we had talked well into the night.

When we finally turned out the lights....

4:05 am.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

10 comments:

Liba said...

I guess you wouldn't want to room with me either. LOL

Lots of love.

Liba

Robin said...

Given our track record last year, this does not bode well for next week... ;)

Baila said...

You are going to need a vacation from your vacation, RivkA.

I'm glad you are enjoying...

Mindy said...

My aunt used to stand outside the door until my cousin and I would stop giggling and go to bed. Should I send her over? :)

Batya said...

Isn't that part of the fun?

Michael said...

Im glad to hear you are enjoying your retreat. During my teenage years, that is what also happens to us everytime I get to room with someone I get along with. We have a cup of coffee at night, and with the lights out, we talk till the wee hours of the morning! Great post! :)

ysara said...

How's your leg? Hope that tsara just disappeared...
I can so relate to the all-nighter phenomenon - how fun for you!

mikimi said...

sounds like fun!
nothing like shmoozing with good company.

Anonymous said...

Oh, but that's what girls do, don'tcha know! *lol* To be young again... and slumber party-ing!!

Enjoy your retreat with many blessings to bring home~ Andrea
xoxoxoxo

RivkA with a capital A said...

Liba -- We might never sleep, from laughing so much.... but it would be worth it!! :-)

Robin -- I thought I'd have a week in between to catch up and recharge my batteries! I didn't realize I am going away two weeks in a row! You are in charge of being "the responsible one," 'cause I am clearly too immature! ;-)

Baila -- I do, but I promised my DH that I would not go on vacation for two weeks straight!

Mindy -- every night, my mom would yell at me to "turn off that flashlight!" I was under my covers! How did she know??

Batya -- sure is! But I did not want to fall asleep in shiur on Tuesday night, which I did!

Michael -- I guess I'm still a teenager at heart!

Ysara -- leg still needs a follow up. It hurts, but less. Thanks for asking.

Mikimi -- (imagine Groucho Marx) "...and that was nothing like shmoozing with good company..."

Andrea -- Youth is a state of mind! (When did we move out of state?) ;-)