Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hit by a Car -- It's Not Over Yet

Two months ago, on Sunday, November 15th, our son was hit by a car.

Though he flew off his bike, and out of his shoes, he basically walked away, unharmed.

It is still unclear to me if he lost consciousness at all.  He does not think so, but he does not remember the details of what happened right after he was hit.

The orthopedist in the ER did not seem overly concerned, and did not even send our son for X-Rays.  I found the doctor's attitude somewhat cavalier, but I was just so grateful that my son was ok that I did not challenge the doctor's decision.  I worried, a bit, that there might be injuries that would show up later. 

Our son limped around for a few days.  After about a week, he returned to his active self.  A month later, he still seemed fine, and I finally allowed myself to breathe easier.

Then, a week ago, on Thursday, January 7th, he complained about severe pain in his side.  At first I thought it must be more growing pains, like he gets in his knees.  But after a few hours, I started to get nervous.

So, Friday morning, Moshe took him to the doctor.  The doctor thinks the pain is from muscle damage caused by the car that hit our son;  he recommended physical therapy.

Again, our son limped around for a few days, clearly suffering from discomfort and pain.  Then, the pain let up for a day or two; then it returned, in his back, though not as severe.

We could not get an immediate physical therapy appointment; he had to wait until February!  I was so frustrated that my son could not get help any sooner.  Today, God smiled on us.  Someone cancelled, freeing up an appointment for tomorrow morning.  I am so relieved.

I just want this to be over.

I do not want our son to suffer.

(Not to mention that I can't ask my son to help around the house, if it hurts him to move!)



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

7 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm with you! I would rather suffer than watch my kids suffer. Praying for healing.

G6 said...

רפואה שלמה בקרוב

mikimi said...

hope it is nothing and easily resolved.

Rahel Jaskow said...

Refuah shlemah u-mehirah!

Staying Afloat said...

May he have a refuah sheleimah, and may you find the correct shaliach for it.

Henya said...

A full refuah.

Batya said...

refuah shleimah
Has he tried any new exercises of late to try to get fitter for the swimming team? Does your kupat cholim (sick fund) offer hydrotherapy? Try to get it.