Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Angels

"I could help you with this," she said, eyes scanning my overflowing counters.

I followed her gaze. Clearly, I could use some help.

But, could I accept help from someone a did not know, a friend of a friend, who already showed her kindness by cooking a meal for my family?

"I helped E organize her kitchen," she continued, persuasively.

Like a flash, I remembered E telling me how her friend helped her organize her kitchen after she moved. At the time, my first thought was "wow, I wish someone would help me organize my kitchen...."

Now, here she was, this enthusiastic stranger, offering to help me.

I could hear Moshe in the back of my mind, pushing me forward, encouraging me to "just say 'yes'!"


So, I did.

The next time she walked into my door, I felt caught up in a whirlwind of activity.  How could one person have so much energy?  I did not know.  But when she left, only a few hours later, my kitchen counters were clear.

She is one of the angels God has sent me.  She comes when she can, sometimes as often as once a week. 

She loves to clean.

She is not judgmental. 

She is kind, generous, energetic and patient.

She came today. 

Once again, our counters were overflowing.

I have been trying, for several days, to clean off the counters on my own.  I made progress..., but not much.

I do not know how she does it. 

By the time she left, our counters were clean.

"It was nothing" she says, as she breezes out the door, arms loaded with papers, bottles and jars to recycle.




Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

4 comments:

mikimi said...

a real angel! and we each have our talents that might help someone else.

Batya said...

Wow, B"H, she's helping you.
My counters are always a mess and I don't have any excuse. I'm just a mess.

Safranit (Safra-knit) said...

Yaaay! How wonderful...I'd love someone like that, but I don't have an excuse...

Karen said...

Heck, I'd PAY her. Maybe she should start a business?