Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thank YOU for Being Part of My World

Now seems as good a time as any to express my gratitude for the overwhelming on-line support and encouragment I have received from friends and 'strangers' these past few weeks.

I was amazed at the outpouring of love and support I received after I posted about my recent diagnosis -- I had over 500 visitors to my blog and 73 comments!! And that's not including all the people who responded by email! (I don't know about you, but that just blew me away!!)

So many people came to express their support and to add their prayers via David at Treppenwitz, (who wrote a very kind and moving post aout me here) and Leora from Highland Park (who also wrote about me here). I am grateful to both of them for adding their voices to mine, in such a positive way, during such a difficult time for me.

This experience has made me realize how much of a community I have found in the blogosphere.

Blogging helps me feel less isolated during all those times that I am too tired to leave my home.

I know you think I am increadibly busy, but that is just because I never (ok, almost never) write about the days I am too tired to do anything.

On that note, I will mention that when I "disappear" for a few days, it usually means I really am out and about, actually "living" my life. (Admitedly, there are many reasons that I may be feeling too tired to write about it at the end of the day....)

Anyway, my point is simply that I want to thank all of you for your warmth and caring.

It is awesome to have so many people praying for me, all over the world.

God bless you!!



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

10 comments:

Leora said...

RivkA, I really enjoyed the surprise visit today to that post of mine.

Glad to hear when you are not blogging you are "living your life." Sometimes I live my life looking around for the next blog post...

Thanks for the advice and encouragement you gave me before my daughter's birthday party.

Mottel said...

I, for one, am so glad that I can be part of your world. Continue "living" your life . . . We'll be there right with you!

Yehudit said...

It's us who have to thank YOU. Thank you for sharing your strength and reminding us that we should, all of us, live our lives as fully as possible.

Unknown said...

Mazal Tov, Mazal Tov to you all. May you all go from strength to strength. So glad you are schepping nachas. Hannah Voss

Karen said...

The power of prayer is an amazing thing - doesn't matter how far it needs to travel. Your strength is inspiring. Your heart must have been bursting with pride listening to your son.
God bless.

Baila said...

You thank us, but I thank you for being so honest about your cancer experience. You have no idea how many people YOU help by doing this.

And on THAT note, are you planning on coming to the convention?

Batya said...

RivkA, you give us strength, really.
Refuah Shleimah and I hope to see you at the next jbloggers conference.

Bee said...

Rivka I strongly believe that you get what you give in this life, that being so you deserve all the love and support of your fellow bloggers. You are an inspiration to us all and your love for your family, your faith and for mankind in general comes through in all you write. A big, big thank you for allowing us to share in your life and perhaps in a small way give back to you a little of what you give to so many.

xx

Val said...

What Mottel said...

And it is nice to hear about your 'living' your life... the way it should be.

Stay strong and happy.

Anonymous said...

I am glas to read that the support we try to convey helps you. But know that by displaying such strenghth you also help us.