Powered by WebAds

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Running on Empty

I'm going to CRASH this Shabbat!!!

I have not had a chance to slow down since the Bar Mitzvah!!

Wednesday night we had a family wedding, by Tzomet Re'em (Masmia), and today we had a family get-together in the late afternoon that ended in the evening. Both events were very special, and I am glad I went! That said, had I not had these events, I would have just stayed home and slept all day! I am still tired from the radiation. I have to sleep!!

Even when we got home this evening, I had to help my son pack for his machaneh (camp). This year, he barely did anything with his youth group. But machaneh is the highlight of the year -- each year, they go for one more day than the last. They "build" their campsite out of wood and sheets. This year, they will be there over Shabbat, which is a really special experience. The whole thing is a real exersize in group dynamics and cooperation.

It took over an hour to help my son pack. But, finally he is done and so am I!!



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

1 comment:

Batya said...

That's what Shabbat is for, m'dear. G-d created menucha on the 7th day. Enjoy!
Refuah Shleimah