Powered by WebAds

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Giving Our Kids Wings to Fly

My son, the one who is impossible to wake in the mornings, wants to get up every morning at 5:00 so he can bike to the pool, swim for an hour, then bike to school.

I could not believe that he seriously considered doing this. I figured, the idea would fade as the beginning of school approached.

Tomorrow is his first day of school.

I figured wrong.

He wants to stick with his plan.

So, today, I finally took his bike in to be fixed (he needed a new brake cable) and bought him lights so that he can ride safely in the early morning. when it is still dark.

Anyone want to place bets on whether he gets up with his alarm tomorrow???

(I know, I'm terrible, I should have more faith in my son! But, seriously, FIVE O'CLOCK in the MORNING!?!?!? By choice????)



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

3 comments:

Asher said...

Don't worry about it. Five AM doesn't exist; it's an urban legend.

Anonymous said...

Ha!! I like Asher's observation ...

While your kiddo's plan does seem overly ambitious, you never know. Sometimes kids make drastic changes to their habits, and the ability to do so can feel very empowering. So maybe he'll do it, and feel very grown up!

And, to answer your questions: I found you while browsing through the Jewish blogosphere, of which I fancy myself a part. One blog leads to another. :)

SeekingJustice said...

I am pretty sure that 5 AM does not exist! But I pray for you and for your kid that you will discover it (maybe it is in parallel universe). Good luck!