Powered by WebAds

Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Mifletzet (The Monster Park)

This summer, "kaytanat Ima" (Mommy's Summer Camp) did not really happen.

Radiation and (l'havdil) the Bar Mitzvah, did not help. But I am not certain that they made that much of a difference.

The kids all had different things that interested them this summer. The things we "have always done," as part of kaytanat Ima did not have the same appeal.

Only my youngest expressed interest in some of those activities; and then only if she had a friend who would be there too.

That said, there remained several activities that still appealed to all (or, at least, more than one) of my kids.

One of the highlights of our summers is going to the Mifletzet. (You can read last summer's post about it here)

I have been extraordinarily tired these past two days, and I was not certain that I would be able to make it this year, but I really did not want to miss it. I do not know what makes it so special, but I love the dynamic of our summer outing to that park.

This year, my brother and his family joined us for it and that made it even more special!

My son had spent the morning guiding my brother and sister-in-law at the Southern Wall excavations. He was so tired when they were done! I am not sure if he would have come with us otherwise, but he did not want to miss the chance to play with his cousins in the park!

This year, only IS and CV came with their kids. We missed NA and her family (who are vacationing in the States). None of our elder daughters were interested in attending this year. *sigh*

My oldest nephew (5 1/2) played almost the entire time with one of IS's twins (NE) (almost 7). It did not take my nephew long to join all the other boys racing to slide down the special slides.

It might not sound like much, but it was a really nice afternoon/evening.

My summer would not have felt the same without it.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

2 comments:

Cheryl Pitt said...

I haven't commented in ages but I've been reading all your posts and I just wanted to pop in and say hi.

I continue to be amazed at your strength and the dedication to your family you continue to show even while dealing with the effects of your treatment.

I'm glad you are having such a wonderful summer and congratulations to your son! Job well done!!

RivkA with a capital A said...

Hey Cheryl,

Thanks for touching base!!