Powered by WebAds

Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Chemo -- Xeloda & Tykerb (Medical Update)

Thanks to a good report from the PET scan, my oncologist gave me a week "off" for the Bar Mitzvah celebrations.

I finished radiation three days before the Bar Mitzvah Shabbat, and I started the new chemotherapy today, two days after the Seudat Mitzvah (Festive Meal -- i.e. party).

I would have liked to postpone beginning this new chemotherapy until after my brother left, but my husband (and mother) were adamantly opposed to delaying treatment (it has been three weeks since my last chemo, and that stuff did not really work so well...). Medically, I could have waited another week. But, as my doctor constantly emphasizes, this is a couples disease, and both partners need to feel comfortable with the decisions being made.

So, I started today.

I will write more details tomorrow, if I can.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

6 comments:

Staying Afloat said...

Hatzlachah.

Henya said...

May it be successful.

Anonymous said...

Your doctor seems really amazing.

Anonymous said...

Good luck and good fighting!I m a malignant melanoma survivor who has had brain metastasis, and I found you on my google alerts.

Elliot said...

You are amazing. While many would focus on themselves and their troubles, you are clearly maintaining your life and participating fully in the day to day family life. When my son was diagnosed, the most helpful comment was that we could not just give up on our regular routines. It helped us, and its seems to be helping you and your family.

May this round be easy on you and yours.

Unknown said...

(())