Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Where is Your "Happy Place"?

A few nights ago, my eldest and I spent some great time together.

Somehow, we got to talking about our "Happy Places."

I was pleased to discover that she has such a place.

Everyone has their own "Happy Place," where they can escape within their own mind.  Not everyone knows how to find it.

My Happy Place is sitting on a small hill, under a willow tree, overlooking a lake, with a small forest off to the left.  There is a building to the right that resembles my Jr. High -- it is a long, flat, red brick building.  Unlike Jr. High, which I hated, this building represents peacefullness and stability...

Sometimes I am alone in my "Happy Place." Sometimes my husband is with me. Sometimes I am sitting with a friend, whose arm is draped comfortably around my shouder.  Every once in a while, I sit there, surrounded by my kids, who are also sitting peacefully. 

My Happy Place is a quiet place, where we sit, in silence, and just "be there," enjoying the moment.


(Thanks to my daughter for inspiring this post)


Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

8 comments:

Asher said...

Stress Relief
Picture yourself near a stream. Birds are softly chirping in the crisp cool mountain air.

Nothing can bother you here.

No one knows this secret place.

You are in total seclusion from that place called "the world."

The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

The water is clear and you can easily make out the face of the person whose head you're holding under the water.

Look. It's the person who caused you all this stress. What a pleasant surprise.

You let them up... just for a quick breath... then ploop!... back under they go...

You allow yourself as many deep breaths as you want.

There now... feeling better?

Rieshy said...

Happy places are like vacation homes minus mortgages and repair bills.

I have several, one is in the middle of a wheat field, basking in sunshine surrounded by the golden wheat. No bugs are allowed.

However the beach is my favorite happy place. Just picturing sitting on the dunes staring out at the vast ocean helps me remember how enormous and powerful the creator is.

Linda said...

Inspiring thread. My happy place: under the huge open sky on the plains in western Nebraska, enormous clouds gliding through the brilliant bowl of blue sky above, endless vista of rolling hills with waves of grass undulating like the sea. Meadowlarks singing and flashing through the air, in the far distance, dark herds of buffalo like mobile forests (they're back now!). An occasional whiff of wild roses, but mostly the sun-baked scent of grassland, with buttes rising in the distance. And deep, deep quiet, interrupted only by the birds and the insects and the soft wind in the grass.

Hasya Ya'ara said...

Your happy place sounds lovely.

Mine would be on a beach in Florida, listening to the ocean crash against the surf.

Nancy McCarroll said...

Your idea was so sweet that I copied you on my blog today. Prayers for you, Rivka.

Marion said...

Reminds me of Tigger...

"Everybody has a laughing place, a laughing place, to go-o-o! Take that frown, turn it upside down, and you'll find out, I know-o-o!"

A Soldier's Mother said...

As always, I am so amazed by you and your ability to find the most out of so many experiences...and to share this with your children. These are the lessons they will take with them all their lives. I have two happy places - one physical and one more spiritual. The physical one is that I love to go outside and stand on my balcony and stare towards the mountains of the Judean Desert, in the direction of the Dead Sea and just vegg. The second is the shores of the Sea of Galilee...across from Tiberias. I love to sit and watch the water and watch the lights jump across the sea (lake). I don't remember to visit these places nearly often enough. Thanks for reminding me!

Much love!

Paula

Bernie said...

Love your happy place.....:-)Hugs