Powered by WebAds

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Today's Outrageous News

So, I contacted Roche and it is true -- they provide the fourth bottle for free.

Not only that, but if I purchase the Herceptin from Roche, it costs 10,895 NIS per bottle (saving 326.85 NIS per bottle).

BUT, this afternoon, Roche called and told me that the head of the pharmacy department at Sha'are Zedek will not allow Roche to supply the Herceptin without charging an additional fee.

The Roche representative informed me that this has been the policy at Sha’are Zedek for years, leaving me with two options: either purchase the Herceptin at the higher rate, or switch hospitals (other hospitals do not impose an extra fee on patients who are purchasing their medication privately).

Switching hospitals is obviously not an option.

Before I take any further action, I want to verify this outrageous allegation. If true, it is absolutely immoral.

Meanwhile, I am in a lot of pain and seriously tired.

I think the new chemo is catching up to me...



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

7 comments:

rickismom said...

What is theitr "reason" for this? I would have a lawyer send them a letter........

Rahel Jaskow said...

If that doesn't work, go to the media.

Gila said...

You cannot be serious! Go to the media.

For someone who was in a lot of pain, you looked great on Thursday!

Noa said...

Echoing the others, while it seemed none of us had connections in Maccabi, we certainly do in the media. I think you need to contact Shaare Zedek, verify this travesty, and then tell them that you plan to let the media know if the rule is not changed.

finally, i know youre a shaare zedek gal, but is it worth the extra 11,000 NIS every few weeks to stay there?

Batya said...

What a racket!

Why not try to get your blog as one of the Jpost blogs?

RivkA with a capital A said...

Ricki's mom -- who's reason? Sha'are Zedek's? Maccabi's? The Health Ministry?

Working on the lawyer thing....


Rahel -- working on that too....

Gila -- great to see you!! "you looked mahvelous!!

Noa -- the 11,000 NIS thing is a Maccabi thing. Sha'are Zedek is "only" charging an extra 325 NIS....

And Maccabi is probably the "best" kuppah regarding medications, so switching kupot wouldn't help either.

The source of the problem is really Misrad HaBriyut and what they include in the sal habriyut.

Muse -- unbelievable!!

I would love to get the JPost to cover my blog.... want to suggest it to them?

Teacher said...

I cannot believe this--what is the update on this? Have you been able to get some outside help?

How could you be expected to come up with these outrageous sums when you need all your strength to just get through the day and be there for you kids.

Davening and thinking about you.

Your friend in Boston,
Atarah