Powered by WebAds

Monday, December 15, 2008

Less Pain

For the first time in six month, I am taking less pain killers than I was a week ago.

I find myself going for hours at a time with no medication. That hasn't happened for the longest time.

As of a week ago, I was taking two Optalgins and two Algolysins every four hours, and I could barely wait for the next dose. I knew that it would not be much longer before I had to move up to the next level in the world of pain killers (from Algolysin to Percocet).

When I need to take pain killers, I still need two Optalgins and one Algolysin, but even that is less than I was taking a week ago.

I have had only two doses of Taxol, so this is certainly not a definitive indication that the chemo is working.

Still, it is encouraging.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

4 comments:

SuperRaizy said...

It IS encouraging!
Here's hoping that you will continue to feel better and better!

rutimizrachi said...

What Raizy said! My prayers are with you, Dear One. May Hashem help you to climb from strength to strength.

Anonymous said...

B"H yom yom! Very encouraging! Remember, we are all with you every step of the way. Lots of hugs.

Na'amah

Rahel Jaskow said...

This sure sounds like good news. May it increase!