Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Chemo Day -- my last Tuesday

It was difficult to say goodbye to the many friends who only come to chemo on Tuesdays.

When I arrive, so many friends great me with smiles and hugs. They know me and I know them. I will miss seeing them every week.

Transitions are difficult for me.

That is one of the things I learned about myself from my son. We both feel comfortable with the familiar.

In time, I am certain that I will build similar relationships on Thursdays.

Still, those relationships take time and energy to build and foster.

I know that I have helped to contribute to a more positive environment in the chemo ward.

Over this past year and a half, so many people (patients, patients' families and friends, nurses, etc) have told me how much my smile helps to brighten their day, and how much they miss it when I am not there.

Part of me feels that maybe God wants me to spread joy and happiness on Thursdays as well.

If so, that certainly gives a higher meaning to changing the days.

Feeling that there is a purpose also mitigates some of the stress and resentment. I do not want to change days. But, if there is something good that will come from it, then that makes it easier to accept.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

1 comment:

Daveda said...

You are truly amazing - always looking for the positive side to challenges. Please know that you really are such a source of inspiration to everyone that you come into contact with - your family, friends and your Blog readers. Be well and safe!