Powered by WebAds

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Shopping Anyone?

It's strept...... and she wants to go shopping!

Now, let's set the stage here:

Child #1: Elder daughter, real girly-girl, always NEEDS new clothes ,LOVES shopping

Child #2: Youngest daughter, real girly-girl (though she does like soccer!), LOVES shopping

Mother: Does not relate to the clothes thing, does not care about fashion, HATES shopping

Add to the equation that child #1 does not feel so good, child #2 is majorly sick, and mommy is tired.... Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me!

So, mean, old mommy put her foot down and insisted we go tomorrow.

Logistically, I would have preferred to go today, but I cannot see going shopping with 1 1/2 sick kids!! No matter how much they want to go (and insist that they will behave nicely!)

Unfortunately, I do need to take them because:
a. they really do need new Shabbat shirts
b. if I take them, we will go to an outlet and pay less
c. this way, I have at least some influence about the clothes they wear

Have I mentioned that I hate shopping?



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

1 comment:

Baila said...

I am so with you on this. I have three daughters who love to shop. I hate it and get very cranky when we do it. And everything is so expensive here, adding to my stress even more.

To what outlets are you referring?