Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Answer is "YES"

(To appreciate this post, read this first)

I was wrong.

The answer, apparently, was "yes."

I had a pretty lousy night. I woke up several times from acid reflux, caused by the chemo.

Instead of sleeping in, I was up at 8:00. (early for me, even on good days)

On my way to the bathroom, I noticed the light was off in Y's room. She often forgets to turn off her light when she leaves the house. I was glad she remembered. But, what if....

On a whim, I peeked into her room, to make sure she left all right.

AAAACKKKK!

There she was, still sleeping soundly, under her covers!

I quickly roused my daughter, and told her the time. (She had set her alarm for 6:00, so she could be out of the house by 6:45, in order to catch two buses and arrive on time, at 7:30!! The alarm did not go off.)

"Come on," I rushed her, "I'll take you now!"

I threw a skirt on over my pygamas, put on a scarf, grabbed my coat and was ready to go.

Then, a miracle occured: my teenage daughter was ready to leave the house within five minutes of waking.

On our way out the door, I called the person in charge of the seminar, to make sure they had not yet left. In my experience, groups like that never leave within half an hour of the designated time and often much later. Still, I didn't want to get there and discover they were gone.

He said they were about to leave, but would wait for us. "We'll be there in ten minutes," I told him, dashing out the door.

Y did not believe we would make it there that quickly, but I figured that it was "early" for a morning with no school. Sure enough, we made it before they were ready to leave! The girls were still loading the bus.

"Do I love you enough to take you in the morning?" I asked my daughter.

"Yes!" she answered, and disappeard into the melee.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

1 comment:

Unknown said...

omg..you seriously get the mother of the year award. Seriously. Whether or not your kids can show adequate appreciation now....the rest of us are reeling in it!!! kol hakoved