Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Girl's Night Out

For months now, friends of mine have been inviting me to come out to a movie or to some sort of "girl's night out."

I have either been too busy or too tired!

Tonight, we finally got together for a "girl's night in!"

My friend, RD, who lives a few doors down from me, picked me up and we drove to LM's home. (These days, I rarely go anywhere at night unless I can get a ride)

LM made an awesome dessert: Banana's Foster (she made a really simple recipe: in a saute pan, melt a bit of butter, then added brown sugar and stir. When sugar is dissolved, add Baccardi rum and sliced bananas and heat for several minutes, until the bananas puff up. Spoon the hot sauce and bananas over Ben & Jerry's vanilla ice cream) YUMMMM.

Then we had tea and popcorn while we watched Intolerable Cruelty, a parody about divorce lawyers. It was a silly, and fun, romantic comedy with a twist, and we all laughed a lot. Just what the doctor ordered!

Afterwards, we hung around, chatting about kids, schools and life in general.

I came home later than expected, but feeling really good.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

No comments: