Powered by WebAds

Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11

We watched "United 93" tonight. (click here, for more infor about United Airlines Flight 93)

The film was true to life, filmed in "real time," and much of the dialogue was based on actual recordings and phone messages.

The movie was so powerful.

It brought back that day....

It was a boring afternoon. My eldest was at a birthday party.

Then my sister calls up and says: Turn on the TV!

"What channel?" I ask; but it doesn't matter.

We watch, together, for about half an hour. None of the reporters really know what's going on. But we can't turn away.

I am sitting on my bed, in front of the TV. My younger kids are off playing somewhere else in the apartment.

Then, in the middle of all the reports and speculations, I see the first tower crumble.

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God," I repeat over and over.

I can't think of anything else to say.

I can't believe it's real.

It feels like a bad movie.

Then the second tower falls.

This is a terrible nightmare.

I feel so sorry for the little boy, whose birthday party no one will ever forget.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

No comments: