Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Check Out These Posts

Jameel, at The Muqata, posted about men who are WANTED for abandoning their wives. These men have "disappeared," leaving their wives as agunot, trapped in marriages, with no way out, until their husbands are found. Check out this important post; there are PICTURES.

Gila, at My Shrapnel, hosted this week's Haveil Havalim, and mentioned yours truly (thanx!).

Also thanks to Gila, who heard from Baila, who heard from SuperRaizy, I heard about my friend's son, Asaf, who is in need of a kidney transplant (any donors?).

(The percentage of successful kidney transplants is higher from a live donor, and the transplanted kidney has a longer chance of surviving in the recipient's body.)

It is the strangest thing to read a story like this, and then realize.... hey, I know this kid's mom and dad!

We haven't been in touch for a few years, but I guess I always picture them waiting for us to come visit again on Shabbat. I guess, these days, they have some other things on their mind....

(I bet they don't know about me either...)


Please pray for Asaf Dror ben Leiah Shulamit.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

2 comments:

Ye'he Sh'mey Raba Mevorach said...

Thanks RivkA. Your post pushed me to post about Asaf on Chayim Zvi's blog (www.chayimzvi.wordpress.com). And I linked back to you and Gila.

SuperRaizy said...

I'm glad we could help get you back in touch with your old friends.