Powered by WebAds

Monday, September 1, 2008

The First Day of School

Your first day of school.

You did not need me to see you off.

I got up anyway.

You chose your own clothes.

You did a good job.

You made your own lunches.

And cleaned up after yourself.

You packed your bags.

OK, I helped with that.

You left the house, calmly.

You have done this many times before.

For the first time, I did not take your picture.

I am sorry.

You did not need to mark this day.

I did.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

4 comments:

Robin said...

Take the picture tomorrow. The days which follow "the first" are still worth marking.

Baila said...

I took the picture, even with all the grumbling.

You expressed this beautifully.

SuperRaizy said...

Awww... our kids don't understand how bittersweet it is for us as we watch them grow up.

A Living Nadneyda said...

I didn't take the pictures either... just mental pictures. As did you. I love the way you wrote about that day -- it might be better than a picture -- , the feelings behind the picture.