Powered by WebAds

Friday, September 19, 2008

Pain in my back

Last night, it was difficult to fall asleep.

Sleep has always been one of my brachot (blessings). I am a deep sleeper. I fall asleep quickly (thanks to chronic exhaustion) and I stay asleep.

Even when my kids were babies, and sleeping right next to me, Moshe had to shake me awake, because their cries (right next to my ears) did not penetrate my slumber.

Even now, if you call me and I am asleep, it is as if the call never happened. I might say anything, but nothing I say is reliable. Most likely, I will not remember the converstation, or even that you called!

But I digress...

Recently, I have had a few nights with severe back pain. The pain has made it difficult to fall asleep.

If this happens more frequently, I will need to take stronger pain killers.

I am distressed at that thought, but that is the way it is.

I'd rather be cheery after a full night's sleep, than a "grumpy-head" because I could not fall asleep.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My doctor always tells me there are no medals for suffering. If you need painkillers, take them. That's what they're for.