It occurred to me that having a cold might affect my ability to receive chemo tomorrow.
I emailed my oncologist, who wrote back: "come and we will decide tomorrow--sounds like you will get a little break"
What does that mean?
Do I have the nurses open my port as usual?
I am scheduled to receive both Taxol and Herceptin. If "we" (and by "we," I mean "he") decide to postpone treatments, do we postpone both medications? By how long? A few days? A week? What is a "little break?" (To me, a "break" would be at least a month! We know that is not happening, as we have already established (here) that we can not postpone the Herceptin by more than a week)
Last week, my doctor told me that we would evaluate the efficacy of my treatments in the next two weeks. How does postponing treatment affect our ability to evaluate if the drugs are working?
All these questions, just because of a stupid cold, from which, we agreed last year (see here), cancer patients should be exempt!
It seems that when push comes to shove, the common cold trumps the cancer card!
Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.
With love and optimism,
Baile Rochel Going "Modern"
17 hours ago