Powered by WebAds

Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Next Generation

On the first day of school, a girl from her class approached Y and said "I hear your mom blogs all about you and your family. My father blogs all about me and my family too. You have my sympathies." (loosely quoted from my sketchy memory, but you get the drift)

Three days ago, my daughter called me to ask if she could spend this Shabbat at her friend's home with some other girls from their class. When I asked where she wanted to go, she answered "to A; you know, her father also blogs...."

It is so bizarre when our virtual worlds and our real worlds collide....



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for lending us your daughter for Shabbat! We loved having her!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...as I try to figure this one out....by any chance is A's mother Z?

:)

Sounds like incestuous blog relationships...

RivkA with a capital A said...

Anon -- she had a wonderful time! We missed her. I am learning that part of parenting is letting go. It's tough, but I am working on it!


Safranit -- clever sleuthing!!

Anonymous said...

RivkA: Glad she had a good time -- our door and hearts are always open to her. I completely get the toughness of letting go -- not so easy, that! :-)

Safranit: I actually thought I might be able to protect whatever vestige of anonymity the girls have... boy was I wrong! :-)

Re: incestuous blog relationships... you have no idea! :-)