Powered by WebAds

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Chemo Day -- Herceptin: YES, Taxol: NO

Apparently, a "little break" is one week.

I received Herceptin today, but no Taxol. My next Taxol treatment will be next Thursday.

I was a little nervous about skipping the treatment, but my oncologist was pretty insistent. When I pressed him about it, he offered to give it to me if I was willing to sign a waver, taking full responsibility for any possible complications. I politely declined, to which he responded "I thought that's what you'd say."

So, I will focus on kicking this cold, which is pretty much taking up all my energy and then some.

I felt a bit better this morning, but by the time I got home I was wiped. I went straight to bed and slept for three hours!

At least I got the Herceptin. (This dose was the free dose provided by Roche)

We still hope to make an evaluation before I am due for my next dose, in three weeks.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

No comments: