Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Beit Natan Winter Retreat 2009

I came home from the retreat physically and emotionally exhausted!

I was away for almost three full days and there was so much I wanted to do when I got home. Instead, I went straight to bed! I spent a few minutes with my daughter, then with my son. I fell asleep in the middle of my son's entertaining description of his drama class (he and a few of his friends made a comic skit was about the yetzer hotov and the yetzer harah [our good and evil inclinations]). His description was very amusing, but I could not keep my eyes open!!

I had a wonderful time at the retreat. Many women were there last year as well (I even remembered several of them!).

It felt like coming home.

Last year, I had to be convinced to attend. This year, I could not wait!

It was so wonderful to be in the company of such a special group of women. And it was an emotional relief to be able to talk completely freely of all things related to cancer.

Though I was still a bit reserved about the fact that I have metastasis, it was helpful to recognize so many faces from my support groups and to know that I was not the only one. By the end of the retreat, I had met several other women who are also on the long-term plan. One woman with mets was only 34!! (she was 29 when she was first dianosed with cancer, and received her second diagnosis only a month after she finished treatment)

The time just flew by!

It seemed as if we just arrived and already it was time to pack up and leave.

I look forward to next year!



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

1 comment:

Batya said...

Welcome back. I'm glad that you have such opportunities.