Powered by WebAds

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Interesting Experience

When my friend (ZW), and later Lena Stern (Yuri Stern's widow), asked me to say a few words at tonight's fundraiser, I agreed, without hesitation.

I did not realize that I would know most of the people in the audience.

I should have known.... I just didn't.

So, when I addressed the audience, it was like talking with friends.

Except, I talked about the things I never talk about.

In order to appreciate what it is that the Yuri Stern Foundation provides for cancer patients, it is necessary to understand what a day at the hospital is like.

So, I painted the picture, with the express hope that none of them should ever have to experience, first hand, a day in the chemo ward.

Afterwards, so many people approached me with comments and compliments.

I realized, I never before spelled out, in detail, what goes on during chemo days.

Tomorrow, b'li neder (no promises), I will post about what a day in the life of a cancer patient is really like.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

4 comments:

Batya said...

Refuah Shleimah
I'm wordless.

No I wasn't there. You're inspiring my dear girl.

rickismom said...

I am waiting with bated breath. Part of my wants to know. Part of me is scared to know. But the "want to know" side is winning out!

Staying Afloat said...

I appreciate your willingness to share, as I'm sure your audience did.

Hope today was /is a good day for you.

Anonymous said...

boy, did I blow it!

Bdieved, it looks like I had four reasons to be at this thing:
1 to hear you speak and shep naches from seeing you up there
2 to give kavod to Yuri
3 to become more involved in the Fund (more about that offline)
4 To talk to Rotem, I need to

I guess I'd better figure out how to get your posts to my inbox (can you say "feedburner"?) so I don't miss any more critical news!

Love
Gidon (who can't be bothered to sign in as HolyCityPrayer)