Powered by WebAds

Friday, October 16, 2009

Flu -- I got it

Well, I just lost a week.

On this, one of the busiest weeks of the year, being the week "after the chagim," I did NOTHING but sleep and watch really bad TV.

I did not even enjoy the rest!

Besides feeling yucky, my muscles hurt so badly, I felt like someone beat me up with a bat! Sleep was my only escape, but the pain kept waking me up. My regular pain killers did not relieve the muscle pain.

Even the TV was not such an effective distraction. I wanted to watch funny things (laughing makes you feel better) but everything was either scary, depressing or just BAD.

I love having a TV in my bedroom, for when I am sick or too tired to get out of bed. I really want to hook up a DVD, so I can watch what I want, instead of the junk on TV.

We even have the DVD, I am just too technologically challenged to hook it up.

Moshe can do it, but he has been too busy (working, picking up all the other loose ends, being sick himself, you get the idea...) to get around to it.

My laptop is supposed to play DVDs, but I can't get that to work either. (Not to mention it overheats and then crashes.... but I hope to get a new one soon.)

It is so frustrating!!

All this technology, and I just lay there bored out of my mind!!

I did not even feel like talking on the phone with friends. I still have not gotten my voice back and I just don't feel like talking! That is how you know I am really sick!!

And, obviously, I had no strength even to blog!

Anyway, I am feeling a bit better today, but still not that great.

Don't get too worried about me. My mood will pick up as soon as I start feeling better.

Meanwhile, we have cancelled our Shabbat plans - no guests and no going out. I would not want to infect anyone else!

It will be an in-Shabbat for us.

And my eldest, the only one who has not yet gotten the flu, will be wearing a mask!

I learned my lesson the hard way.


Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do we know, or care, if it is the swine variety?

The various flus are going around here too.

Feel better, and Shabbat Shalom.

David (your bro)

Rahel Jaskow said...

I'm sorry you've been in such pain. Refua shlema! I hope you feel better soon!

Mindy said...

So sorry you are caught the flu and had to cancel company and events. May the rest be more peaceful and healing. I can totally relate to the technologically ineptness. I threaten the kids that SOMEONE always has to live near me or I won't be able to function. Usually, I can't even set the clock radio alarm.

Val said...

Refua shlema! Hope everyone has a good Shabbat and is feeling better soon.

rutimizrachi said...

Refua shelaima, to you and your whole mishpacha. I look forward to that first cheerful post-flu post -- but not nearly as much as you do. ;-) May it be very soon.

Batya said...

Refuah shleimah kaful (double)

Shelly said...

Hope you're feeling better! (Hope you don't need it now, but for more tv selection try this: http://www.free-tv-video-online.info/)

Cheryl@SomewhatCrunchy said...

Oh yuck! We've been fighting the flu bug here too, it's no fun. I hope you feel better soon.