Powered by WebAds

Monday, October 26, 2009

Ice Cream

For years, I was vegetarian just so I could always eat ice cream. (OK, there were other reasons, but the ice cream factor was certainly there!)

Last night, we were at a Bat Mitzvah celebration where they just served a dairy dessert.

At the entrance, there was an ice cream bar where you could get ice cream in a cup, in a sugar cone, or scooped on top of a freshly made waffle! Yumm!!!

I took a deep whiff, then passed by to greet the ba'alei hasimcha (celebrants). After hugs and a few words, other people caught their attention, and I went to go stand on line.

It was worth the wait!

I actually asked for TWO waffles, both with maple syrup, one with strawbery ice cream, the other with maple ice cream, both topped with white and dark chocolate syrup and sprinkles.

I hurried to a table, so I could enjoy the contrast of the hot waffle and the cold ice cream.

I was in heaven.

I wanted more, but my tummy had no room. I knew I would regret it if I took more.

The speeches and performances were sweet and meaningful. The dancing (led by Naomi Moss) was super energetic. But the ice cream.... was divine.

It was not until I was driving home that I realized - that's all there was.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Wish I was there. I had chocolate cake for breakfast yesterday. (again, parallel universe?) I wrote about it on my blog- www.lifeafternf.blogspot.com. Sometimes it is just the best way to go. :-) love u!

Risa Tzohar said...

Seems like ice cream is all anyone needs. What a great idea!

Staying Afloat said...

Seriously- who needs anything but ice cream?

Except maybe...
When I was a kid, one of my friends had a strawberry-themed bas mitzvah. You walked in and saw huge bowls full of strawberries, small bowls of confectioners sugar, and chocolate fountains. But then again, I think there was also vanilla ice cream to go along with it.

mikimi said...

it's like almost every tv show has people eating ice cream.
i had weight-loss surgery but i still love me some ice cream!

Batya said...

That reminds me that I haven't had my weekly treat since I'm back from NY.

Anonymous said...

Rivka, there is no better way to chase away the winter blues than International Ice Cream for Breakfast Day, the first friday in February. Check out this site and start another family tradition!
love, rena d

http://www.itzahckret.com/icecreamforbreakfast.html