Powered by WebAds

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Medical Update -- CT, Bone Scan & My Annoying Ear

CT -- shows no signs of cancer spreading

Bone Scan -- ditto

MRI -- LONG story! (maybe I'll write about it tomorrow) Short version: still waiting for an earlier appointment.

Ear --
1. woke up this morning after my first good night's sleep in days; noticed a slight decrease in pain.
2.went to the dentist, to eliminate my teeth as a source of the pain. My teeth are fine.
3. went back to the ENT clinic at SZ for follow up. The doctors noted that there is less pain, less redness & less swelling. I stressed, again, that I am still in significant pain, not to mention the incessant ringing, the relentless pressure, and the pain in my jaw, which makes it painful to talk and eat (two of my most favorite activities!). The very sympathetic and kind doctors again said "those" words: "It takes time. Let's give it a few more days..."
4. I made another follow up appointment for next week.
5. last night I was able to go to sleep without the Percocet (I did take Cod Acamol), and I did not take either of those drugs this morning. (I did continue to suplement the Optalgin with Ibuprofen).
6. the pain is worse now (though not as bad as Sun/Mon). I will take a Percocet soon and go to sleep.


GOOD/HAPPY Stuff:

I did teach swimming today (with the doctor's permission) (I did not put my head in the water)

I went to this month's Laughter Workshop and my daughter, A, came with me!


Chodesh Tov!! ("A Good and Blessed Month")



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO pleased about the good CT and bone scans. Wishing your ear a continued refuah.

Lots of love,

Na'amah

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the positive updates! Hopefully things will be getting better and better B"H. We're davening for you! Jameela