Powered by WebAds

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Randy Pausch (October 23, 1960 – July 25, 2008)

I wanted to post about Randy Pausch months ago -- but I could not figure out how to include the UTube video.... so I waited....

Like so many others, I loved his "Last Lecture."

I became a groupie -- I watched every video clip I could find. I watched the Last Lecture several times. I watched his lecture on Time Management (I really need help with that one!). I watched everything. (you can find most of his wisdom here)

And I checked his personal update site every few days.

I followed his battle with pancreatic cancer, and I was inspired.

Just yesterday (Friday), I was talking about him with Moshe. We were encouraged by the fact that he's still alive, and might even see himself when the new Star Trek movie comes out. A few hours later, his name came up again, when Moshe cited his opinion about encyclopedias and Wikipedia.

Randy Pausch passed away on Friday morning.

I can't believe that he's dead.

I am so sad.

Randy is survivd by his wife, Jai, and their three children, Dylan (6), Logan (4), and Chloe (2).

May his memory be a blessing.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

No comments: