Powered by WebAds

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday Morning Update

Good Morning.

RivkA's night was an extension of yesterday, as she was in a lot of pain. The doctors have readjusted her pain management this morning, hoping it will give her some relief. (Will update on this a bit later today)

RivkA isn't as talkative as earlier, but she (and her family) are very appreciate of the friends who come and speak to her for short visits, even if she has her eyes closed.

The JBlogosphere is expressing its care and love for RivkA in blog posts everywhere...here are a few that I found quickly:

Treppenwitz's "Thoughts and Prayers"
Batya's "RivkA on my mind"
Robin's "RivkA Update"
This week's JBlogosphere roundup "Haveil Havalim" was dedicated in honor of RivkA.

In fact, if you google for "RivkA bat Teirtzel" there are over 22,000 results of caring people who are publicizing her name, so that prayers, tehillim, and happy and healing thoughts are directed on her behalf.

If you write a blog post about RivkA, please leave a link to it in the comments section.

Praying that RivkA will have an easier day.

--Jameel

Update: Kudos to all of those running in the "Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure" today in Jerusalem.

"Significant historic sites were lit in pink and hundreds will gather for the first Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® in Israel, as delegates from global and Israeli organizations gather to advance the breast cancer movement in a mission trip to Israel Oct. 25-28.

Susan G. Komen for the Cure®, the world’s largest breast cancer organization, is partnering with the City of Jerusalem, Hadassah®, the Women’s Zionist Organization of America, and health, science and advocacy organizations for the historic week that will also launch the Israel Breast Cancer Collaborative.

Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.


With love and optimism, RivkA

11 comments:

justines said...

RivkA, our school in Sydney will be davening for you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Please pass this message to Rivka's (Karin's) parents, sister and brother since I don't know how else to reach them. Let them know that as well as for Moshe and the children, I am praying for their strength through this very difficult time.
Andrea

Karen said...

Thanks, Jameel - the frequent posts are great for everyone - we know if we can/should come, the family is spared the calls and emails, and those who are praying from a distance like to have the information (especially when we know that it's working!)

Andrea David said...

Please pass this message to Rivka's (Karin's) parents, sister and brother since I don't know how else to reach them. Let them know that as well as for Moshe and the children, I am praying for their strength through this very difficult time.
Andrea
October 28, 2010 1:09 PM

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Andrea: I'll make sure they get the message.

Karen: Glad I can help...

Anonymous said...

Jameel thank you for the updates they are very appreciated. RivkA is on my mind constantly and I am doing my best to send out all of the healing thoughts that I possibly can.
I wrote this post a few days ago, here is the link, hopefully it works:
http://frozenchallah.wordpress.com/2010/10/23/virtual-relationships-with-strangers/
Lisa

Alli said...

Each night and every morning when I wake up also times during the day inbetween. I pray for RivkA and her family.

RivkA has touched so many people globally in especially the courage she has shown battling Breast Cancer.

So many women find themselves members of this exclusive "Breast Cancer Club" that no one really wanted to join myself included.

When Breast Cancer touches one woman it touches us all. We rally around battle on together!

My love and positive thoughts for RivkA and her family.

Bee said...

so many times during the day and night RivkA comes into my mind - in fact right now I don't think she is ever out of my mind. Jameel your updates are so helpful to those of us who are far away and as always RivkA is showing such remarkable strength and courage. I don't think Hashem often gets bombarded with so many requests for one person and I know there are many others here in the UK who are adding to those requests throughout the days and nights. It all goes to show what a special lady RivkA is.

ima2FOUR7 said...

Yesterday, I wrote about my relationship with RivkA on my blog and how we have known each other for 25 years.

IMA2FOUR7@blogspot.com
She is in my prayers...

Anonymous said...

I wrote a blog about RivkA here
http://blogs.jpost.com/content/rivka-matityas-inspiration

A Living Nadneyda said...

My good-bye is here:

http://nad-ned.blogspot.com/2010/10/goobye-our-incredible-friend.html

RivkA...