Powered by WebAds

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Religious Revelation

The following post was written by RivkA and is being posted on her behalf.

Religious Revelation
(started writing 18.10.2010)


Though not my typical response, I had a revelation on Sunday night, or l'yud chesvan tash”a.

After months of innocently observing my health deteriorate, and continuing blindfoldingly down the path, I realized where I am heading, I finally had a revelation.

I had something I wanted to do (wave your hand Harry Potter) and I begged God to help me make it happen.

I suddenly realized my prayer had just been answered:

On Parashat Balak (insert date here [June 26, 2010] ) we celebrated our youngest daughter's Bat Mitzva....

(This is where RivkA stopped writing since Yaffa came to visit and then a whole string of visitors came and then it was night and in the morning she wrote the post above. She still wants to finish writing this post. However, I pushed her to tell me the end of the story since I was too curious to leave her side without hearing it. This is what she said:)

The revelation was that God answered my last question in the positive and I would be ok for the Bat Mitzvah. I asked for that.

Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,RivkA

4 comments:

rutimizrachi said...

RivkAleh, I just love you, and I know that Hashem loves you. <3

You were in my prayers today at the Kever of Shimon HaTzadik.

I realized today how much I feel as if I've been friends with you forever -- even though I have not yet been privileged to long conversations with you. You have helped to shape my thinking about things I never dealt with before -- and most of them have nothing to do with cancer.

Thanks for continuing to be a part of what defines Ruti.

Bernie said...

Oh RivkA I knew that the Bar Mitzva was so important to you, you asked God to give you the health to attend and yes sweetie he did this for you. As well you took your children camping, all on your own. What a wonderful mother you are.
God walks with you my friend, always in my heart and prayers......:-) Hugs

Gila said...

When I was at your daughter's Bat Mitzvah, one of the things going through my mind was how wonderful it was that you were there and doing okay and how happy that must have made you.

Baruch Hashem.

Batya said...

Yes, and you had that great camping trip with your kids, too. You made them great, strong memories of a wonderful mother who will always be with them.