Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The State of My Liver: inconclusive (Medical Update)

We did a CT of my liver . 
Results:  Inconclusive

We did an MRI of my liver.
Results: Inconclusive


We did a PET CT of my liver.
Results: Inconclusive

We did a liver scan of my liver.
We do not yet know the results.

Some of the blood work regarding liver functionins is also a bit suspicious.

Still, nothing is conclusive yet.

Remember, a year and a half ago, when I discovered tumors on my brain and I freaked out about brain mets?  One of the things my oncologist emphasized was that tumors on my liver would be far more scary.

Not to worry, I am still not freaking out.

Another thing my oncologist emphasizes is that we do not deal with "what ifs."  We will not decide how to handle my current medical situation, until we know what it is.  So, until we know the facts, we wait.

Meanwhile, we have had a few harrowing days.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

10 comments:

Karen said...

I know this is very, very scary - but if it took this many tests to get any conclusive result, then if it IS positive, it has to be very, very early to see anything. Same thing happened in your brain and you know what - it's still very tiny, isn't it?

I hope and pray it will go back so that all the scans everywhere are negative. But you know what? Until it does, you just deal with it as you always do it with grace, courage and coffee. Because really, what's the alternative? You could fall apart and nobody would blame you. But what good would THAT do, for you?

I owe you some chocolate. I was going to say that if it all comes back negative I'll get you a big box. Then again if it is positive THAT is when you'll need a big box. I guess either way, you get a big box. Chocolate is good in any situation - good for celebrating and good for crying. And RivkA, I'm stealing your idea - if I or anyone I know has to battle cancer in the future, I have the perfect blog title - 'Chocolate and Chemo.'

michele said...

Very harrowing. Karen's right. You definitely deserve a box of chocolates.

Staying Afloat said...

I put you in our shul's Yom Kippur and Succos cholim misheberach.

Hatzlachah.

Anonymous said...

Wow...someone just sent me a link to your blog, and I don't even have time to read more than one post. I just want to pop you a line and say that I'll be thinking of you, and I will be starting a "Tehillim Club" with my students in your merit.

Refuah Sheleima!

rickismom said...

Agree with Karen... she really says it all. I'm passing you some cyber chocolates (at least they're not fattening!)
Yes, inconclusive studies are SSSSOOO much fun. (Once my brother had a growth on his spine, and tests came back inconclusive. They told him: "We will remove what we can and wait a year and recheck." Living with that doubt was NOT easy. (Thank-G-d in the end turned out non-malignant)

Robin said...

Sending much love, strength and peaceful thoughts to you.

xox

RivkA with a capital A said...

You guys are so great!

I have to confess that I have discovered that I am not really such a chocolate lover.

So, if you would like to know what sweets I am into at any given point, the best is to ask.

Currently, I am very into Good & Plenty and Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

Who knows what I will feel like tomorrow....

RivkA with a capital A said...

oh yeah, I am also really into ice coffee these days......

Leah Goodman said...

so when should I come, where should I meet you, and what should I bring?

mrg & grm said...

harrowing, indeed. I'm thinking of you.