Powered by WebAds

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Give Your Mouth a Rest....

A few weeks ago, I noticed an unusual numbness in my lower lip, as if I had received novacain at the dentist, but it did not wear off.

The 2 1/2 cm (approx.1") wide affected area included my lower lip, my gums, my inner mouth, my tongue, my upper lip, and even my cheek.

At times, I barely noticed the discomfort.  During the last few days, however, there have been moments when my speach was impared and moments when I felt severe discomfort, even pain.

I thought this might pass, but it seems to be increasing in severity. 

I am trying not to panic, but I do not want the situation to remain as is.


Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

13 comments:

Bernie said...

Don't panic sweetie, it won't help anything. Check with your doctor, sounds like pressure on a nerve some where. Am keeping you in my heart and prayers.....:-) Hugs

Mrs. Who said...

Prayers being sent your way...

rickismom said...

Prayers and hugs. I'm sure that this is not easy for you...
If it were me, I probably would panic. By all means inform your doctor.

Batya said...

Refuah Shleimah, you're in our prayers.

Alli said...

RivkA contact your Dr let him know what's going on..It could be something as getting a new medication but don't leave it so you worry over it.

Praying for you...Love Alli.xx

Karen said...

Please see your doctor. Sending hugs and prayers
K

Sarah said...

It might not be connected to the cancer . . . I'm praying it's something easily corrected.

Gila said...

Sounds like a nerve issue but seeing how I am not a doctor you're better off just ignoring my opinion.

Waiting for an update....

mikimi said...

sorry to say, but it sounds to me like Bell's Palsy and I know one of your followers who has suffered with it in the past.Maybe she'll log on and chime in.

Megan said...

Rivka, go get your oncologist to check you out. I'm thinking trigeminal neuralgia. When was your last MRI brain? It might be worth another peek inside your noggin. (I'm a neuro-oncology NP in the states).

Wishing you a refuah schelima.

Shira Salamone said...

Contacting a doctor seems like a good idea. We'll take care of praying for better news.

RivkA with a capital A said...

OK, why would you assume that I didn't already consult my doctor???

My doctor was the FIRST person I told about the numbness (ok, the second -- I told my husband first).

And why would you want to freak me out about all sorts of exotic diseases, when the simplest, and most likely, explanation is that one of the new tumors is pressing against a nerve?

I know all your intentions are good but, PLEASE, think a bit more carefully before commenting!

Megan said...

Sorry Rivka, didn't want to freak you out about exotic diseases. Trigeminal neuralgia just means pain from the trigeminal nerve (it's one of the nerves that comes off the base of the brain & provides sensory information for the face & some of the scalp). No harm meant.