Powered by WebAds

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Oops

About an hour before Rosh HaShanah, my sister popped over to wish us all a Shanah Tovah.

She brought me some beautiful flowers -- snow white, with a deep purple fringe on top. (Purple is my favorite color.)

My eldest trimmed the stems and placed them in a vase. I felt the stems were cut too short for that vase and moved them to shorter vase; the flowers stemmed out beautifully. I proudly showed my daughter the difference.

Last night, when I went to place the flowers on the table, I noticed they were all droopy.

I commented to my eldest that the flowers were pretty, but they did not last long.

My daughter took a closer look at the vase and noted "Ima, when you moved the flowers, you forgot to add water."



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

7 comments:

rutimizrachi said...

LOL! G-d gives us these genius moments in front of our kids to keep us humble. You'd think He'd see the merit of letting us look like heroes to them just a little more often...

Val said...

Nice job, Ima! :)

Unknown said...

This is just plain "Lost in Space", and yes, it's funny.

Oops is my line!! The kid knows. I'm loving this because it's not me this time.

I'm just glad the kids are now old enough to feed themselves.I thought laughing at you was more of a family sport.

You know you don't have to publish the embarrassing stuff, right?

Should I be saying this stuff between RH and YK?

I love you, big sis.

RivkA with a capital A said...

rutimizrachi -- that was God's vengence for me criticizing my daughter about how short she cut the flowers!

Val -- my thoughts exactly!

davidz -- I thought of you when I chose the title!
love U 2, little brother!!

Karen said...

Oops - how funny is that. And how often do we think we can do a better job - then get shown up for the little details. Sounds like life at my house!

Keep smiling :)

leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What a universal moment.
Glad to have an opportunity to catch up on your blog. Sending you healing energy this week from Texas, USA!