Powered by WebAds

Thursday, September 10, 2009

"Come on 'Baldilocks!'"

Last week, one of my children (Child A), wanted me to move a little faster.

"Come on 'Baldilocks!!'" nudged Child A, spontaneously creating this new appellation.

I might have gotten annoyed, but the nickname was so funny, I burst out laughing!

I immediate asked if I could post it. This was too good not to share.

Child A only agreed if I promised not to reveal said child's identity. Done.

A few days later, I shared this story with another of my children (Child B), who also burst out laughing.

Today, Child B called out to me, "bye Baldilocks!"

Child A overheard and immediately claimed ownership of the clever phrase, "Hey, I made that up!!"



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

8 comments:

G6 said...

Very cute :)

Sarah said...

I love laughing at things that would shock people. After my NF debridement left me with a big gaping hole in my belly, my husband had me cracking up about the Shakespeare soliloquy which has in it "a pound of flesh". Then we named it Gapey. That stuck, even to this very day.
Laughing at weird body things makes it so much easier to come to terms with. And, I like Baldilocks, it has a good ring to it. :-)

Anonymous said...

:-)
ABH

A Soldier's Mother said...

Really cute. I love it. I'm glad you laughed at it - it was the perfect response. Thanks for posting this one. I love kid witticisms!

My youngest just made a sign for her father's birthday "Happy Birthday; Thank you on halping os all ore life. Love the family" - She asked me to correct it and I didn't want to. I made her promise not to change it first. It was cute...this one, however, is not just cute, it's really brilliant! Baldilocks - it's so healthy for Child A to meet this challenge, see your cancer and find a way to make it part of life.

shabbat shalom

Melissa said...

There is humor in everything. It's good medicine.

Thank you for your wise words that you left me.

I have not written on Chazak v'Ematz in forever, so I closed it. It is still there, just not posted. Maybe I need to start that again.

Have a good Shabbos.

Melissa

Staying Afloat said...

Nice. Gotta love creativity.

I nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger award today. Obviously, you do all the mishegas if you feel like it, but I wanted to include you because you're awesome. (yes, I'm 14 again.)

Cheryl@SomewhatCrunchy said...

Oh, that is hilarious! I think I would have lost it.

RivkA with a capital A said...

G6 -- thanks!

Sarah -- I am trying to laugh more about all sorts of things. I try to attend Yehudit Kotler's monthly Rosh Hodesh laughter workshops for women/girls (they are free). I would like to reshape the way I respond to stress, especially around my home. It is hard to change, but I am working on it!

ABH -- :-) 2 U 2!!

A Soldier's Mother -- yes!

Melissah -- you know it! thanks. Blogging is a process. It seems like you have brought over your thoughts from Chazak v'Ematz to your main blog, Sunbonnet Cottage. Wherever you choose to express these thoughts, I am interested in reading them!

Staying Afloat -- why, THANK YOU! I think I did this already... but I cannot seem to find the post...

Cheryl -- I did!