Powered by WebAds

Thursday, September 24, 2009

How Cool is That??

So, I'm lying in bed at around 9:30 pm, trying to figure out what to eat so that I can take my second dose of chemo, when the phone rings.

It is my girlfriend, BS, who is spending the month in a month long study program, in the Judean dessert.

She called to tell me she found a ride to Jerusalem, and she is on her way. She will stay the night, then we will have time to hang out tomorrow for a few hours, until she makes her way back to the desert.

She took the ride, even before she called, 'cause she knew it would be ok!

It is SO COOL that my friends still feel comfortable enough just calling and coming!!



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

3 comments:

Karen said...

That's not going to change, Rivka, unless you tell people that you need it to change. People take their lead on how to behave from you. You made it clear very quickly afer you were diagnosed that you wanted to be treated normally, that you were still you, so why would people stop barging in on you? :)

Cheryl Pitt said...

My cousin and I are close like that. It's a great feeling to know you accept each other as you are (no matter what your house looks like!) LOL

Anonymous said...

the name of the place in the desert is MIdreshet Ein Prat, at the yishuv, Alon.
check it out on the internet.
Bracha Silverman