Powered by WebAds

Thursday, September 17, 2009

MRI - Good News! (Medical Update)

"Can the radiation make the tumors go away?" I asked, first to my oncologist, then the radiologist, then the head of radiology.

I was devastated by the discovery of brain mets. I could not accept that the brain mets would not go away.

"Sometimes the tumors shrink from radiation," I was told, with reservation.

"But can they be totally destroyed?" I persisted.

"Rarely," I was told, by caring doctors who did not want to give me false hope.

The main goal of the radiation was to stop the tumors from growing any further.

That was not good enough for me. I prayed every day, during my five minutes of radiation, for the radiation to completely destroy the tumors.

Well, the tumors might not be 100% gone, but they have certainly lost some of their power!

We have not yet received the written report, but the images look a lot cleaner! We only saw one or two "shadows," only one of which is still a remnant of a tumor, according to my doctor's analysis (though he is the first to acknowlege that he is not a radiologist).

My doctor, upon reading the report, sent me the following message right away:

got the report of your MRI and the improvement we thought we saw is REAL.

This does not mean that I am done with brain mets. Like the bone mets, brain mets never goes away. Still, I doubt anyone expected such good results.

Thank you all so much for your prayers!! God is listening!!

I cannot think of a better way to start the new year!



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

baruch Hashem! We all have to keep on davening!

rickismom said...

Shana Tova and a healthy healthy year!

Risa Tzohar said...

Shana Tova and baruch hashem, you are such an inspiration to us all!

C said...

I'm so glad to hear your news. I found your blog a couple of months ago, and daven for you when I light Shabbos candles, and at other times.

I'm hopeful that the coming year will be very sweet for you, I'm wishing you HEALTH and happiness.

Staying Afloat said...

May it continue in the year to come. May you be written down for happiness, health and growth in ruchnius. And all other good things...

Joules Evans said...

What lovely news! Praying for you Rivka with a capita A.

MsCaroline said...

Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah! So very very happy to hear your wonderful news! Truly a Happy New Year!

proudmommy0f4 said...

Baruch Hashem! What wonderful news with which to enter the Yomim Nora'im!

Cheryl@SomewhatCrunchy said...

Beautiful, that is wonderful news. What a glorious God we serve! I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Safranit (Safra-knit) said...

Wonderful news to start the new year!!! Shana Tova!

Dianne Duffy said...

That IS good news! Praise God!

Karen said...

A fabulous start to the new year. God has certainly been listening to all the prayers.

Robin said...

Oh RivkA, what wonderful news for the new year!

rutimizrachi said...

Hodu Lashem, Ki Tov, Ki L'Olam Chasdo! Thank you for starting OUR year out with such happy news. May we share even better news in 5770.

Unknown said...

This is wonderful, I'm very happy for you!
Shana tova umetuka :-)

אנט פרידמן said...

Thank you so much for your good news hours before the chag. I wish you and your family a shana tova filled with health and happiness.

arnie draiman said...

amen

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! What great news to start the new year with! I am so happy.
Love,
Rochie

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL!
Shana Tova to you and the whole family,
Love,
Ellen L.

Unknown said...

Whaaaahooooooo!!!!!!! :-)

I was having trouble getting into the holiday spirit (as you know, I've had a tough week!)... but this! -- this news, my friend -- it is catapulting me right into a jolly-good mood and a nice way to enter Shabbat and Chag!

Thanks for sharing with all of us!
May the year ahead be filled with בריות, ברכות, ושמחות!

שבת שלום וחג שמח

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC!!! BARUCH HASHEM, BARUCH HASHEM.

May it be a year of brachot from Hashem.

Lots of love,

Na'amah

Baila said...

So happy for the great news. Thank G-d. Praying for a wonderful healthy year for you and your loved ones.

Rahel Jaskow said...

Thank God!! Wonderful news!!!

Shana tova -- a good year full of good news, good health and joy!

Mottel said...

So glad to hear good news! May you have wonderful happy and healthy year!

Mindy said...

What wonderful news. Rejoicing with you!

Bee said...

Shana Tova to you and your family and to all of your followers here. I am wishing for you a year filled with brachot from Hashem and if this is a sign of how it is going to be then it will be a joyous and happy year for us all. Your news is a blessing for us all.

Shelly said...

Baruch Hashem! What wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

what they all said - fantastic news, a wonderful start for the new year!

I had you in mind during hafrashat challah for my Rosh hashana challot!

love
BW

Val said...

SO great to read this. Shana tova and may the year continue to be sweet for you and your family.

michele said...

This is wonderful news. May the new year bring you all that you pray for. Michele

Anonymous said...

B"H - so pleased you have good news. I had you in mind while davenning on Rosh Hashana. may this continue to be a year of good news and brachos for you and all klal yisroel!

Anonymous said...

I was glad to read this. Shanah tovah to you and your family.

Batya said...

B"H!!

Jeffrey R. Woolf said...

BH

ysara said...

"We only saw one or two "shadows,""

This calls for what you might call 'shadow boxing.' Go RivkA! Shanah tova, Gmar tov...
ps Adam's body seems to have internalized something - I took him for a dip Fri. and he was looking not bad. B'h we'll return for a 'chizuk'

RivkA with a capital A said...

Thank you ALL so much for your support and encouragement, and especially for your prayers!! Keep 'em coming!

God is definitely listening!!


Zahava -- Wow, you just lifted my spirits!

BW -- Does it count extra if you are baking sweet challah?

Jessica -- Do I know you? who is Adam? I LOVE the "shadow boxing" line! Good catch!!