Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Medical Update

So, my doc does not see any change in my CT or in my bone scans, though the images of the tumors seem more "prominant."

He wants me to get a PET scan.

He also wants me to go for a second opinion.

He is perplexed (by the combo of clean liver and lungs, rising markers, prominant bone tumors, and increasing pain) -- he wants a "fresh" opinion, from someone from a different hospital.

It is totally cool that he has no ego about this thing, and is actually eager for a second opinion.

We'll see how quickly I can make all these appointments, and how much I have to "fight" with my kupah (health fund) to cover the PET scan.

Oh, the fun that awaits me!



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

5 comments:

Ilana said...

What is a PET scan?

B'hatzlacha with your negotiations with the Kupa.

Your doctor sounds like a real gem.

rutimizrachi said...

I love when your life is normal. Bureaucracy! The great equalizer! May your life one day be filled with no problems but small, annoying problems, like fighting with your kupa, and cleaning up the flood from the poorly-seated washer gasket, and such like.

As your precious doctor said, new discoveries are being made all the time.

And we are living in Ikvesa d'Moshicha... B'ezrat Hashem, very very good things can happen, very quickly.

RivkA with a capital A said...

SquarePeg613 -- a PET scan is a type of imaging. Our impression is that, in terms of technology, cost, and ease in obtaining a hitchayvut, a PET scan is to an MRI, like an MRI is to a CT.

RutiMizrachi -- amen!

NoamsNuggets said...

I have PET/CT's every 6 months and have no problem getting my kupah to pay for it - if you have a letter from your Dr saying why you need it, fax that with the "hafnaya" and hopefully it wont be too difficult (famous israeli bureaucratic last words..)

feel good and shabbat shalom!

Batya said...

What a full-time job.
refuah shleimah