Powered by WebAds

Saturday, October 4, 2008

On The Flip Side

I missed it!

I wanted to post something meaningful and moving on my one-year cancer-versary.*

If not a major post, then at least a THANK YOU to all my "coffee and chemo" dates!

But.... I forgot!

The day came and went!

Then it was time to get ready for school... then dealing with school... then preparing for the holidays...

Then, without meaning to, I sort of wrote about the cancer-versary as an aside.... (I was writing about Rosh HaShanah, and it just came up.... )

So, though it's a bit late, here is the flip side to my cancer-versary:

I want to thank all my friends who came to hang out with me at chemo this past year!

You guys took what could be a real drag and turned it into fun!

I really looked forward to my coffee-and-chemo-dates!

It was so great to spend time with each and every one of you!!

A few of you came on really crazy, stressful days. We barely had a chance to sit and talk. I truly apologize for that. (most days were not like that, really) Thanks so much for being understanding!!

Some days, I had so much fun, it was..., well..., it was rather strange.

I mean, how could I have such a good time at chemo?

But I had to be there for the chemo!

Why not make it fun?

So, thanks for the company! Thanks for the support! Thanks for the snacks/lunches! Thanks for playing games with me! Thanks for the amazing conversations!

Most of all, thanks for hanging out in the chemo ward, when you could have been anywhere else!

You made this year a good one!



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.


With love and optimism,
RivkA

*cancer-versary -- great expression coined by Noa!

3 comments:

rutimizrachi said...

How I love the family of Jewish women. How you make me love it even more, sharing the bounty of kindness you have helped to bring out in people.

May your coffee dates continue, in good health, long after the cancer has been successful eradicated, bs"d.

A Soldier's Mother said...

Maybe that was the best way to "celebrate" this anniversary - by being so busy living, you don't think too much about it. It sounds like you had a great chag. I was, on the flip side, very busy with guests every meal. Somehow I over-estimated how many people I had invited, but although it was exhausting, it was still wonderful. I'm glad you had such a special and meaningful chag. I was lucky, as well. Elie was home and so I was able to enjoy having everyone home for at least two of the meals (my daughter ate at her in-laws two meals as well). Anyway - may the new year bless you with health and love, quality time with your family and the ability to channel all your energy into the things you most cherish and the things that mean the most to you...and yes, may next year and the year after and the year after and the year after - bring you blessings.

G'mar hatima tova.

Paula

Batya said...

G-d willing, the years will fly, and you'll enjoy them and get healthy!